Friday, October 4, 2013

Julep Monthly Box

Lately, I feel like all I've heard about are subscription boxes such as Birchbox and Ipsy. One that I haven't really heard being talked about is Julep.

I saw an ad for it on Facebook and figured I'd check it out! Here's a link to the website.

For the first box, I only had to pay for shipping which was $3.99. A regular box costs $19.99 plus shipping.

I first took a quiz about how I accessorize and with what colors. Then I was given a style profile. There are five different "Mavens" that you can be and I am a Modern Beauty Maven I was assigned a box but you can definitely pick your own!

This is the box itself. 


When I opened the box, this is what I saw along with two little information slips. 


The items I got in my box were the Julep Rockstar Hand Creme and The Julep Sea Salt Texture Spray.


The Sea Salt spray is what I am most excited for! It smells very fresh and clean and not salty like some salt sprays smells. That's a tongue twister, huh! But the product is a green liquid.

At first I wasn't that excited for the hand creme but once I tried it, oh my goodness. It is so moisturizing but not greasy! It leaves a sheen on your skin but it makes the skin look very healthy and moisturized. It definitely has a scent but not too perfumy. It smells elegant, if that's possible!


The packaging has one of those caps that you twist and then when you squeeze the bottle, product comes out. It looks like this.

Definitely not a greasy product and don't let the thinness fool you!



As for shipping, I felt like it took a very long time for my box to get here but then again I was very excited for it so it may have just seemed like a long time because of that. 

I liked that the box had something other than tissue paper lining it. Those little black zig zags deals were something I had never gotten in a package before so very cool!

Hope you guys find this review helpful! Follow me on instagram at natalieb0813 or on twitter @budigbabe. If there are any products you would like for me to review, either comment below or email me at natalie.budig@comcast.net. 

No comments:

Post a Comment