Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Candle Alternative - My Secret Weapon

Being a college student, I have the luxury of staying in a dorm which unfortunately does not always smell the best. I've tried room sprays and misting my perfume around but don't find that it makes that big of a difference. 

Then, on one of my many random trips to Target, I came across this.
*cue triumphant music*


Ta-da! This is an electric wax warmer! It's similar to a Scentsy, just a Target version. There is no wick, therefore, no flame, making it a little safer to have in the home. I was unable to find the exact one I found in store on their website. If I remember correctly, it was around $20. 

What's great about having a candle warmer rather than an actual candle is that the warmer is warming the wax which is what contains the scent. There is a light bulb inside that is warming the wax evenly, rather than a candle that is warming from the inside out.


Here is where you put the block of wax. 

The scent I currently have in my warmer is called "tahitian vanilla". This scent smells just like a warm sugar cookie. It's incredible! I constantly receive compliments about how good my room smells. This scent I picked up at Target for I believe $3.99.


I haven't tried any other scents but I do have a scent from Scentsy called Vanilla Cream and then I also have one called Baked Apple Pie which reminds me of how the restaurant Cracker Barrel Smells. The Baked Apple Pie scent will be perfect for fall. I also have one other scent that I picked is called Jasmine Bouquet which is a very floral-y scent - perfect for spring!

The only difference between the Target brand and Scentsy brand wax is that the Target brand comes in the form of blocks separate from each other. With the Scentsy wax, the wax is somewhat melted together and you have to break the blocks apart. Below is a picture ofwhat the Scentsy wax looks like.



Switching out the scents is very easy! If I'm just adding in another block of the same wax that is currently in the warmer, I just let it melt and then pour it into the garbage can, typically into a box or some type of container that is being thrown out. If I'm switching out the scents entirely, then I do the same, just wiping out the warmer before putting in the new scent. Be careful, tho! The warmer will be hot!

Overall, I am very pleased with my electric warmer. I recently browsed the Scentsy website and saw a few scents I'm itching to try!

Hope you enjoyed this review! Follow me on instagram at natalieb0813 or on twitter @budigbabe. If there are any products you would like for me to review, either comment below or email me at natalie.budig@comcast.net.



No comments:

Post a Comment