Sunday, August 18, 2013

EOS Lip Balm - Worth the Hype?

Let me just start this post off with saying BLEH! 

YouTube has sucked me in when it comes to EOS Lip Balms. If I had a nickel for every time I heard a beauty guru or just anyone rave about the EOS lip, I would probably be able to pay off my college tuition!


Everyone just raves about these lip balms and I'm sorry, but I don't understand why. I saw them in the checkout at Target and thought I might as well try them. Well, $2.99 later, I am one unhappy camper! 

This product is so waxy and has such an old lipstick scent to it. Bleh! The product didn't glide on my lips the way other people said that theirs did. I did not find it moisturizing at all and only find myself reaching for it if I'm too lazy to get up to find my Carmex chapstick.

The packaging seems kind of bulky. I feel like EOS could slim down the packaging, which would use less plastic and would be better for the environment. It's just so bulky! The packaging definitely seems sturdy and I wouldn't be worried about traveling with it or if I have it in a pocket (which I probably won't because it's so bulky) I wouldn't have to worry about it cracking. 

I'm interested to see if the dome of chapstick is all chapstick, or if there is a dome of plastic underneath that takes up some space so there is less product.

In the end, I don't think this product is worth all the hype. I would probably pick up Softlips instead. EOS Lip Balm costs $2.99 for a not so great product while Softlips costs $2.99 for 2 sticks of an amazing product. 

Hope you enjoyed this review! Follow me on instagram at natalieb0813 or on twitter @budigbabe. If there are any products you would like for me to review, either comment below or email me at natalie.budig@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment